Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Introduction

Well I have finally got around to putting the first post of my blog up. I guess I really should start by telling you a little bit about myself and also what I intend to use this blog for.

Well I guess a little bit about myself would be that I'm from Scotland. I graduated from university in 2006 and am currently taking a year out before starting my grown up job in September. So far in my year out I have spent 4 months living in Singapore, doing some volunteer work there and the odd bit of travelling. I visited Malaysia, Thailand and Indonesia at various points during those 4 months. I am currently doing some temporary work at the moment to fund going back to Singapore for another 4 months before September. I hope to do some more volunteer work and a touch more travelling during those 4 months. I also hope to spend much of my time crafting, a past time that I really love, and am currently in the process of putting a few items together so as I can start up my Etsy shop. I'm really excited by this prospect.

I love reading and listening to music, as well as playing ultimate frisbee and other sports.

So what this blog is going to be used for...well this is really going to be my crafting blog. I feel that I need somewhere to record all my crafty goings on, mainly so as I can remember what I have made in the past and also to view how my creative directions change over time. It should also hopefully encourage me to actually keep a record of the items I make. Quite often I finish and piece and send it to its respective recipient without taking pictures for my own records. Also it might encourage me to pick up the crafting rate!

A little about my crafting habits, well I enjoy dabbling in many different crafts and am always keen to try my hand at new ones.

My main crafting areas lie with crochet, knitting, sewing (especially toys) and have tried my hand at card and jewellery making and am in the process of learning to scrapbook. I would love to learn how to spin and needle felt. Also I would like to try my hand at sewing clothing and bags.

Well I guess that's more than enough information to bore anybody with. So I think I should round off my first post with a few examples of things I have made in the past. So here goes:









No comments: