Friday, July 04, 2008

Fernel the forest fairy

I am pleased to introduce to you Fernel, a forest fairy.

This doll is my first attempt at an art doll and I'm pretty pleased with how she turned out.

She has a fully needle sculpted face including glass eyes and eyelids. She is jointed at the hips and knees allowing her to sit (or stand if in a doll stand).

She is holding a staff (with a rather large flower on the end) and a very delicate flower. She also has forest green wings with seed bead detailing.

I had fun experimenting with dye as well for her "hair" and the foliage on the flower walking stick.

Some closer shots:

1 comment:

Twinlinebackers said...

Hi,
I saw your name and blog address at craftster. Did you end up making the strolling the block quilt? I have had the pattern printed since they first put up the pattern (6 years ago!) but they took down the instructions now that I'm ready to work. Do you know how big the blocks are?
Thanks!!!!