I based him on Dawn S / Oddfae's online class, which can be found on Doll Street Dreamers, links at the bottom of the post. If you have ever wanted to learn how to sculpt a character head this is certainly a very good place to start and Dawn S is very helpful. My sculpt didn't turn out looking exactly like her class example as I decided to go down my own route.
I am quite happy with how he has turned out so far, though he still needs some elf like ears, final smoothing of the clay and perhaps some wrinkles. He of course still needs to be painted, especially his eyes. I think I am going to try my hand at making him some clay hands and feet and turning him into a doll.
Here's another wee sculpt that I was playing with as well:
The only problem now is I think I have caught the sculpting bug and I have lots of ideas floating around in my head as to what I can try next.
Link to Dawn S / Oddfae's blog - some really inspirational characters: http://oddfae.blogspot.com/

No comments:
Post a Comment